WHM is an abbreviation used in the hosting industry to name the Web Host Manager program that is cPanel’s masters management tool. It gives you a lot more control and flexibility when managing either a few very popular and resource-consuming sites, or a huge number of smaller sites. WHM also gives you the option to create and manage multiple cPanels. If you have business oriented or popular sites, there are lots of really good reasons to place them on separate cPanels. Here are a few of the more common reasons we see:
-> Managing Multiple domains through the same cPanel can be quite unpleasant. WHM allows you to create a different cPanel for each domain you host.
-> Having a separate cPanel for each domain increases the security level. Lets say you have a client who has a really nice site hosted on your cPanel, but he rarely remembers to secure and update the script he uses. So if his website gets hacked, all sites on that control panel can be compromised. If he gets his own cPanel, his account will be separate from the others on your VPS and other customers’ sites will remain intact.
-> Also, if each client has his own cPanel on your server, they will not be able to see other cPanels generated through the WHM. This way everyone will feel much better about their own privacy.
All WHM users have:
- the tools needed to create, delete, and suspend cPanel accounts.
- the tools needed to manage and monitor sites (password resets, file access, full access to all cPanel features).
- access to all of your domains’ DNS zones.
- the ability to configure customers’ support requests through cPanel.
- permission to check the server information and status.
- access to customize your hosting and control panel (skeleton directory, branding).
- ability to change your clients’ domain names and usernames.
WHM and cPanel included with all our Reseller Hosting packages!
We give our resellers the freedom to fully manage their hosting clients. Here are some of the most important benefits of WHM for our resellers who use our WHM and Cpanel reseller hosting packages:
- Show Reseller Accounts: list all the accounts you have in your WHM
- Change Ownership of an Account: allows you to easily change the account ownership in case a client of yours sells the account
- Change Ownership of Multiple Accounts: easy multiple accounts ownership change
- Email All Resellers: send regular newsletters, updates and deal you might have for your clients
- View Reseller Usage and Manage Account Status: view the usage of your disk space and bandwidth. Also suspend, unsuspend and terminate the accounts of your clients.
WHM & cPanel can be added with our VPS Hosting Plans and our Dedicated Servers too!
Most of our VPS hosting plans clients and Private Dedicated Servers clients are developers or wish to test, debug or simply experiment with their own scripts or the scripts of their clients. That is why we added the option to include cPanel and WHM with their machine set up.
Having a WHM on your own machine gives you the full freedom to manage it completely, set it up to your liking and easily adjust and edit the accounts of your clients.
WHM benefits for VPS hosting and Dedicated servers:
Here are some of the main and most widely used benefits of the WHM for a private hosting machine:
- Apache Configuration: easy Apache set up as a web server software and HTTP requests handling
- cPanel Web Disk Configuration: configure or edit the SSL/TLS cipher list for cPanel’s Web Disk feature
- FTP Server Configuration: configure your FTP server’s way of working
- Manage Service SSL Certificates: install new certificates to your web server. Reset your server’s certifications (clear the certificates).
- Service Manager: view a list of all daemons that can run on your server and select the daemons to monitor and run
- Configure PHP and suEXEC: change Apache’s PHP handler configuration and PHP version, and to enable or disable the suEXEC program
- PHP Configuration Editor: view and configure your PHP settings. This is ideal for web developers and web software testers.
The root owner’s WHM (VPS and Dedicated servers) also has:
- ability to change the primary cPanel username.
- access to install SSL certificates.
- permission to restart services (http, mail, sql, ssh).
- ability to assign IP addresses.
- the automated backups tool.
Want to learn all the tricks of the trade using WHM?
Now that you know what is WHM? you are aware that it is a powerful server set up tool. Server management and accounts management has never been so easy! WHM gives you clients management interface that has the ability to edit, manage and maintain your hosting clients and hosting business. You can always rely on us if you need any assistance with your WHM as we will share our experience with you and will give you tips and tricks gained by the years. Additionally, you can check the extensive WHM documentation from the WHM developers.
Useful WHM (Web Host Manager) Articles by WebHostFace Hosting services
- How to access WHM (Web Hosting Manager)?
- How to access WHM on my Dedicated Server?
- What are packages and accounts in WHM?
- How to create packages in WHM?
- How to create accounts in WHM?
- How to suspend accounts in WHM?
- How to terminate accounts on my Dedicated Server?
- How to restart services through WHM?
- How to create a self-signed certificate in my WHM?
- How to change root password via WHM?