SEO means making your site more visible within search engines and helping it to appear in higher positions. This is one of the most important marketing tools, as the higher your position on Google ( for instance) is, the more visitors you get. SEO takes into account the nature of the search engine, the most important keywords and the target visitors.
SEO is a whole marketing strategy, which is nowadays done by experts in the field but there are a few things you can do to optimize your site yourself.
- Submit your site to a search engine. Some search engines have paid submissions only. Google has a free option as well.
- Cross-link your pages. This means that if you post a content on a subject you have already spoken about on your site, you can link the new post to the old one. You also want to link your subject, words or phrases to external sites.
- When you write content, use the most frequently searched keywords on the topic you are writing about.
- Definitely promote your website within the social networks. Posting and linking your site to Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Tumblr and other sites of the sort will put you on more search engine results.
- Use the free SEO tools implemented in your cPanel.
- Use search engine friendly (SEF) URLs for your site.
You can search for other SEO methods, depending on your website-building application within our Knowledgebase.