phpBB is one of the most widely used free forum scripts. This free and very powerful discussion board application is easy to install and administer. It allows for plenty of flexibility in terms of design and organization. If you want to install phpBB the most easiest and quick way is to use our automatic installer – Softaculous. Here is the way for installing phpBB through Softaculous:
The first step is to log into your cPanel with WebHostFace and click the Softaculous icon in the Software/Services section.
- On the left side you will find a sidebar with a list of categories.
- You can choose a script from any category or select the script from the top scripts in the middle of the page.
- phpBB is in the Forums category.
- Once you select the application, you will be able to see various details of that script like reviews, ratings, demo url, etc.
Fill in the Installation Details to install phpBB
- Click the Install tab.
- You will see a form with various installation details for needed for phpBB.
- Fill in the details like protocol, directory, domain name, database name, admin login details, language, etc.
*Note: If you wish to install the application on the root of the domain (eg.: http://myexample.com) please leave the In Directory field blank.
- Once you are done with the details, click on the Install button and this should do the trick. Installation time may vary according to the size of the application and other factors.
- As soon as the install phpBB is complete Softaculous will provide you with links to it.
- If you click on the links provided, they should redirect you straight to the site homepage or the admin page, whichever you want to go to.
*Note that you will be redirected correctly only if the domain name is pointed to your account with us.