Creating a staging copy of your website is a great way to test updates, themes, and plugins and make sure they will not break your website. To learn how you can create a staging copy, please see our guide here.
Once you make sure all your changes work, you are ready to push the staging copy live. Here is how you can do that:
1) Log in Softaculous and navigate to the Installations page
2) Click on the Push To Live icon on the same row of the Staging installation you wish to push to live as shown in the screenshot below
2) Select how you want to push. The Push to Live page will appear asking for details about how you want to merge the changes: if you want to only update the files or update the database as well. You will see two tabs
Select this option if you want to push the current staging copy as is to your live website- both files, and database. This option will overwrite all the files of your live installation.
This option will allow you to choose what changes you want to push from your staging copy to the live website. You can choose if you want to:
- Push the Files
- Full Database (structural changes as well as rows in the tables)
- Only Database structure
- Only Data from the database tables
Once you have decided what changes you want to deploy to your live website, hit the Push to Live button. In a few moments, your staging copy will be pushed to your live website.